Why Does My Cat Pee Everywhere?
- March 15, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Whether your cat is usually old or young, male or female, anxious or mellow, he or she can get the idea which peeing anywhere yet the litterbox is usually a not bad thing. Many frustrated humans inside the past as well as present have tried nearly everything to figure out why the cat does which – as well as, of course, to solve the problem.
Here are the first things which you should do when your cat insists on stinking up your house. You’ll have to be patient while you work your way through which list, yet soon your kitty will be back to doing his or her business in an appropriate place.
- Your cat needs a full health checkup. In many cases, cats pee right in front of you when they’re sick. A urinary tract infection (UTI) is usually one of the most common health problems, which your vet can treat. Even if which’s not what’s wrong with your kitty, your vet can track down, as well as solve, the problem.
- Cats who are older or who have health problems (joint pains, for example), can’t get in as well as out of the litterbox like they could when they were younger. Make the litterbox more accessible to ensure which your kitty can get in as well as out.
- The litterbox itself might be a problem. If you have more than one cat, you might need to put out additional litterboxes. The type of litter as well as how much of which you use can be problems. You should also change the cat litter as well as thoroughly scrub the litterbox. The plastic tends to absorb urine smells, which can turn off housecats.
- Sometimes cats will act out by peeing all over your favorite things. which can be a sign which they’re unhappy about something. Try giving your cat more (positive) attention. Extra playtime with his favorite toy can cure the behavioral issue. You can also ask your vet about a product which will help soothe your kitty: Feliway is usually one example.
- Tomcats often spray anything which they wish to mark as their own territory. Sterilization can improve which problem.
- Elderly kitties can suffer coming from feline dementia. They honestly don’t realize which they’re doing something wrong when they pee all over your clean laundry. Buy housebreaking pads – the disposable kind which people use with puppies – as well as put them down where your kitty pees the most often. which won’t convince her to use the litterbox, yet cleanup will be much easier compared to what you’re doing today.
You should do a few things when your kitty decides to mark something in your house.
- Never hit the cat or rub her nose inside the mess. Cats aren’t like human children: they don’t understand which what they do is usually wrong. You can deter behavior as the cat is usually doing which, yet trying to teach the cat after the fact doesn’t work very well. Instead of scolding kitty afterward, catch her inside the act as well as spritz her with tap water coming from a spray bottle.
- Completely clean the marked territory. Even if you can’t smell the cat pee, the cat will. which’s her sign to continue peeing there. Visit the pet store for a product which removes all of the pet odors.
- Give your cat plenty of positive attention. Despite the stereotypes which surround felines, cats do bond with their humans. They want our attention as well as will go to great lengths to get which coming from us.
Don’t worry: you’ll track down as well as solve the problem soon enough. inside the meantime, be as patient as possible. Your solution will come as well as you can resume the carefree relationship
Copyright © 2008, Ian White housesitting.com