Why Does My Cat Pee Everywhere?
- April 1, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Whether your cat will be old or young, male or female, anxious or mellow, he or she can get the idea in which peeing anywhere nevertheless the litterbox will be a not bad thing. Many frustrated humans inside the past along with present have tried nearly everything to figure out why the cat does in which – along with, of course, to solve the problem.
Here are the first things in which you should do when your cat insists on stinking up your house. You’ll have to be patient while you work your way through in which list, nevertheless soon your kitty will be back to doing his or her business in an appropriate place.
- Your cat needs a full health checkup. In many cases, cats pee right in front of you when they’re sick. A urinary tract infection (UTI) will be one of the most common health problems, which your vet can treat. Even if in which’s not what’s wrong with your kitty, your vet can track down, along with solve, the problem.
- Cats who are older or who have health problems (joint pains, for example), can’t get in along with out of the litterbox like they could when they were younger. Make the litterbox more accessible to ensure your kitty can get in along with out.
- The litterbox itself might be a problem. If you have more than one cat, you might need to put out additional litterboxes. The type of litter along with how much of in which you use can be problems. You should also change the cat litter along with thoroughly scrub the litterbox. The plastic tends to absorb urine smells, which can turn off housecats.
- Sometimes cats will act out by peeing all over your favorite things. in which can be a sign in which they’re unhappy about something. Try giving your cat more (positive) attention. Extra playtime with his favorite toy can cure the behavioral issue. You can also ask your vet about a product in which will help soothe your kitty: Feliway will be one example.
- Tomcats often spray anything in which they wish to mark as their own territory. Sterilization can improve in which problem.
- Elderly kitties can suffer through feline dementia. They honestly don’t realize in which they’re doing something wrong when they pee all over your clean laundry. Buy housebreaking pads – the disposable kind in which people use with puppies – along with put them down where your kitty pees the most often. in which won’t convince her to use the litterbox, nevertheless cleanup will be much easier compared to what you’re doing today.
You should do a few things when your kitty decides to mark something in your house.
- Never hit the cat or rub her nose inside the mess. Cats aren’t like human children: they don’t understand in which what they do will be wrong. You can deter behavior as the cat will be doing in which, nevertheless trying to teach the cat after the fact doesn’t work very well. Instead of scolding kitty afterward, catch her inside the act along with spritz her with tap water through a spray bottle.
- Completely clean the marked territory. Even if you can’t smell the cat pee, the cat will. in which’s her sign to continue peeing there. Visit the pet store for a product in which removes all of the pet odors.
- Give your cat plenty of positive attention. Despite the stereotypes in which surround felines, cats do bond with their humans. They want our attention along with will go to great lengths to get in which through us.
Don’t worry: you’ll track down along with solve the problem soon enough. inside the meantime, be as patient as possible. Your solution will come along with you can resume the carefree relationship
Copyright © 2008, Ian White housesitting.com