Whiplash Symptoms through Sneezing?
- May 6, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: CPR Training
Most people have heard of whiplash as well as think of This kind of as something that will can be caused in a car accident. as well as while that will can be true, there are also additional causes of whiplash including a previous neck injury, sport related falls, being pushed or a bad fall.
Even an intense sneeze can result in whiplash!
that will’s why This kind of’s important to know the signs of whiplash which may include:
- A sudden feeling of stiffness or soreness within the neck
- Pain between shoulders
- Difficulty in turning the head through side to side
Because of the pain associated with whiplash, along with the potential for further complication, This kind of’s important to consult using a chiropractor following any injury. Any sudden stop of an individual’s body that will forcefully snaps their head as well as neck forward, backwards, or sideways can severely injure their neck’s soft tissues, muscles, ligaments, tendons as well as nerves, as well as the vertebrae.
In a whiplash injury, supportive soft tissues within the neck are often over-stretched or torn as well as spinal joints can become misaligned. Misaligned vertebrae, or subluxations, can cause the nerve roots as well as blood vessels in an individual’s neck to become compressed, stretched or irritated. This kind of can interfere with nerve transmission as well as blood supply to vital body functions.
In addition, the normal curve of the cervical spine can be altered as well as joint motion becomes restricted. As a result, weakened tissues are no longer able to support the vertebrae in its proper position.
Over time, if these subluxations are left untreated, they can cause many health problems such as headaches, backaches, neckpain, arthritis, heart problems, as well as many others. There can be simply no end to the health conditions that will can result through a pinched or blocked nerve. Consider This kind of, if the nerve through your brain to your heart was cut the result might be fatal. What if the nerve was pinched or squeezed? What might the result be?
This kind of can be why consulting using a chiropractor can be so important. Individualized chiropractic adjustments not only can relieve initial pain through an injury, they can also help within the restoration of healthy spinal joint function to prevent future problems.
Because chiropractors are extensively trained, they can help with:
- Removal of nerve interference
- Breaking down scar tissue through previous injuries
- Increasing circulation to enhance healing
- Reducing inflammation
Studies have shown that will chiropractic adjustments can eliminate or reduce joint pain as well as restore normal range of motion to specific areas of injury. An Australian study points to the pain associated with whiplash as well as shows how a chiropractor can help with such situations. The 10-year study found that will:
- Facet joint pain can be the definitive cause of chronic head as well as neck pain in 60 percent of whiplash cases studied
- 87 percent of patients exhibited a limited range of cervical motion. The two findings suggest that will many whiplash injuries respond well to chiropractic care because adjustments are specifically directed at facet joints
- Case studies have also shown that will chiropractic adjustments can eliminate or reduce joint pain as well as restore range of motion