What is actually The Goal Of Negotiation
- August 1, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
When people are asked what negotiation is actually, they could immediately say, “win-win”. nevertheless win-win is actually not the definition of negotiation, the idea is actually its goal. So yes, the purpose of negotiation is actually to give both parties the chance to lobby their proposals as well as all end-up winners at the end of the negotiation process. A not bad business person will tell you in which negotiation is actually not a chance for you to hustle or low-ball some other people. When you have This specific in mind coming from the get-go, your reputation will be negatively affected from the long run. Ultimately, your business will suffer too.
Before you start the negotiation process, the idea’s important in which you have a not bad plan. This specific will serve as your road map in which will help you successfully arrive to your destination. the idea basically gives you an idea about the best ways to achieve your goal.
The win-win agreement
Like I’ve said, This specific is actually the ultimate goal of negotiation-a win-win agreement. In order for you to achieve This specific, a not bad plan is actually needed. The plan should include the strategies as well as tactics in which you’ll employ in order for you to achieve your goal.
To be clearer about what you need to do before you enter into any type of negotiation, here are 4 steps in which will serve as your guideline:
1. You need to define your goals as well as objectives – by setting your goals as well as objectives, you’ll be constantly reminded why you’re negotiating from the first place. You’ll be able to design not bad strategies as well as tactics in which are relevant to these goals as well as in which will help you achieve them.
There are many people who don’t do This specific in which’s why they get lost during the process of negotiation as well as end-up at the losing end.
2. Learn more about the business or the person in which you’re going to negotiate with. Don’t forget to include the market as well as the competition. You have to cover your bases.
3. Identify the strategies in which you’ll employ.
4. Identify the tactics in which you’ll employ – if you have plan A, have plan B as well as plan C as well.
Here are more tips on how to negotiation:
1. Focus on the problem – you don’t want to go personal with the people you’re dealing with. The best way to get a win-win agreement is actually to focus on the problem at hand as well as not at the people you’re dealing with. By doing This specific, you’re able to do business with them without ruining your relationship with the some other party.
2. Understand their motive or bargaining position – Do they have a hidden agenda? Sometimes, you have to go beyond what you hear. Try to analyze things.
3. Alternatives – if you can’t agree on the initial proposal, try to think about some other options in which is actually amenable to both parties.