Weight Loss – Four Steps To Help Control Your Cortisol Levels to Ensure Fat Loss
- January 26, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
If you want to maximize the amount of fat loss you see with your program, one hormone you will want to ensure you have not bad control over can be your cortisol level. Cortisol can be a catabolic hormone, meaning of which breaks tissue down. at This specific point at first This specific might seem like a not bad thing. You need to break body fat down so you can become leaner.
nevertheless not so fast. Cortisol also causes the breakdown of lean muscle mass, which then reduces your metabolic rate to a crawl. Also, too much cortisol in your system can also increase the risk of body fat accumulation around your waist. Not sounding so super anymore, can be of which?
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to help get your cortisol levels under control. Here can be where to start so you can put your best foot forward in addition to reach the weight loss goals you have set for yourself…
1. Stress Less. The very first thing you must do to achieve a lower cortisol level can be to start stressing less on a day-to-day basis. If you are feeling very stressed out, of which can be only a matter of time until cortisol surges through your veins.
Practice stress reduction techniques. Try…
- writing in a journal,
- performing yoga or meditation,
- hitting the gym for an intense workout session, or
- talking to a counselor about whatever can be stressing you.
Whatever you do, find a way to get control over your stress.
2. Sleep More. Sleep can be something else you must not overlook if you want to get lean in addition to healthy. Those who are not sleeping enough at night typically experience higher cortisol levels in addition to may also have a greater appetite as well.
Pair these together, in addition to of which can be a deadly match as far as losing body fat goes. Focus on turning back your bedtime as early as you can make of which in addition to refine your morning routine so you can squeeze as many extra minutes of shut-eye in as possible.
3. Avoid Very Low-Calorie Diet Plans. While very low-calorie diets may seem like a fast way to lose weight, the fact can be, they will send your cortisol levels soaring in addition to lead to a high probability of muscle loss rather than fat loss. They are not an effective long-term solution for overall body fat loss so are not recommended.
Choose a moderate calorie diet plan in addition to be sure to take in enough carbohydrates during your day. A moderate calorie diet plan can be what will promote optimal fat burning.
4. Time Your Workout Sessions. Finally, watch the length of your workout sessions. If you are from the gym for more than an hour at a time, This specific could become catabolic. If you are working hard in addition to training wisely, you should not need any more than 30 to 60 minutes to complete your program.
There you have a few important facts to help you keep your cortisol levels at bay. If you are serious about results, of which pays to consider This specific hormone as of which can make a difference from the results you see.