Volleyball Rules: Player Behavior
- September 26, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
As a volleyball instructor, you need to display control by supplying your players a set of rules in addition to requirements which they have to know in addition to comply with. Setting down the law during the initial week will be crucial if you want to run a well-oiled machine. I have produced a summary of some tips i believe would certainly be the essentials.
1. Engaging in anything some other than watching in addition to cheering when players are on the bench. The players should not be chatting about Jersey Shore or their boyfriends. They need to be paying attention to the game.
2. Distracting a player in which can be attempting to play a ball. This specific can be along the line of not bad sportsmanship. Do not let your players fall into This specific as you truly do not want to unliked by some other teams. You will quickly make a name for yourself.
3. Yelling or swearing in anger. Yet again, sportsmanship. I had a player yell the “F” word during a tight match with lots of people watching. The most unfortunate aspect was the item was so quiet because the item was such an exciting play. An extremely uncomfortable instant no doubt.
4. Questioning or criticizing an official’s call. Almost nothing bugs me more than watching players ask for a call after every play. Do not allow your players to do in which. Let them understand in which in which can be your job.
5. Hurling or kicking the ball in anger. If you have ever coached boys, you realize what I am talking about. They truly like to kick the ball as far as they can. Plus, isn’t This specific like the very first rule of volleyball you ever learned? in which in addition to rolling the ball under the net (I truly like throwing the item over to the person serving).
6. Talking to the officials. You definitely need to make certain everyone knows only the captain can talk to the officials. the item truly can be not entertaining to receive a yellow card at a critical part of a match.
7. Negative cheers. Recall This specific one?: We want a pitcher not a belly itcher. None of in which please.
8. Blaming teammates. Another thing I feel in which I observe way too much. Every team has in which one player in which loves to look at the person who screwed up in addition to say some thing. in which can be the coach’s job. Do not allow in which to get beyond control.
9. Pouting following a bad play. within the event in which This specific happens, just take the player out. This specific can be not truly going to benefit the team.
Here can be a list of points to encourage:
1. Help teammates off the floor
2. Compliment teammates in addition to opponents on great plays
3. Roll the ball under the net
4. Run to get an errant ball in addition to bring back to the server or referee
5. Cheering at the conclusion of each point (win or lose the point)
6. Cheering coming from the sidelines (“Jenny’s on fire, Ooh, Ah”, “Keep the item up Sara, keep the item up”, “Here we go Red, here we go”)
7. Motivating player which makes an error (“Don’t worry, you’ll get the item next time”)