Volleyball Rules: Player Behavior
- October 5, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
As a volleyball instructor, you need to display control by supplying your players a set of rules as well as requirements which they have to know as well as comply with. Setting down the law during the initial week will be crucial if you want to run a well-oiled machine. I have produced a summary of some tips i believe could be the essentials.
1. Engaging in anything additional than watching as well as cheering when players are on the bench. The players should not be chatting about Jersey Shore or their boyfriends. They need to be paying attention to the game.
2. Distracting a player that will is usually attempting to play a ball. This specific is usually along the line of Great sportsmanship. Do not let your players fall into This specific as you definitely do not want to unliked by additional teams. You will quickly make a name for yourself.
3. Yelling or swearing in anger. Once more, sportsmanship. I had a player yell the “F” word during a tight match with lots of people watching. The most unfortunate aspect was This specific was so quiet because This specific was such an exciting play. An extremely uncomfortable instant no doubt.
4. Questioning or criticizing an official’s call. Almost nothing bugs me more than watching players ask for a call after every play. Do not allow your players to do that will. Let them understand that will that will is usually your job.
5. Hurling or kicking the ball in anger. If you have ever coached boys, you realize what I am talking about. They definitely like to kick the ball as far as they can. Plus, isn’t This specific like the very first rule of volleyball you ever learned? that will as well as rolling the ball under the net (I definitely like throwing This specific over to the person serving).
6. Talking to the officials. You definitely need to make certain everyone knows only the captain can talk to the officials. This specific definitely is usually not entertaining to receive a yellow card at a critical part of a match.
7. Negative cheers. Recall This specific one?: We want a pitcher not a belly itcher. None of that will please.
8. Blaming teammates. Another thing I feel that will I observe way too much. Every team has that will one player that will loves to look at the person who screwed up as well as say some thing. that will is usually the coach’s job. Do not allow that will to get beyond control.
9. Pouting following a bad play. inside event that will This specific happens, just take the player out. This specific is usually not definitely going to benefit the team.
Here is usually a list of points to encourage:
1. Help teammates off the floor
2. Compliment teammates as well as opponents on great plays
3. Roll the ball under the net
4. Run to get an errant ball as well as bring back to the server or referee
5. Cheering at the conclusion of each point (win or lose the point)
6. Cheering coming from the sidelines (“Jenny’s on fire, Ooh, Ah”, “Keep This specific up Sara, keep This specific up”, “Here we go Red, here we go”)
7. Motivating player which makes an error (“Don’t worry, you’ll get This specific next time”)