Top 5 Nursing Jobs – through Home Health Nurses to Floor Nursing Careers
- October 2, 2016
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Nursing is usually more than checking vital signs at regular intervals. The nursing field is usually full of opportunities for the completely new along with experienced nurse who doesn’t want to be limited in his or her choices. Here are 5 of the top choices within the nursing profession.
Once you graduate through nursing school, take a deep breath. The hard part is usually over along with the fun begins. currently, you get to choose where you want to start your nursing career. The hospital floor is usually not the only choice out there anymore.
1. Home Health Nursing – People are living longer. With in which comes the issue of care within the home. More seniors are opting to stay in their primary residence along with take advantage of the home health benefits of their insurance plans. One common nursing job is usually in which of a home health nurse because they contain the benefit of creating their own schedule. They can take on as few or as many patients as they can handle. Home health nurses aid in bathing, wound care along with dressing, general health assessments, along with any some other issues in which the patient may have. There patients can be invalids or ambulatory folks in which don’t get around so well along with seek a nurse in which is usually willing to tend to their care within the home setting. Home health nurses are well paid for their skills along with friendly bedside manner.
2. Nursing Assistants – Nursing assistants are an integral part of the nursing profession. They are not registered nurses nevertheless they provide patient care in which falls under the category of the nursing profession. Nursing assistants are not only found in nursing homes. They work in hospitals, senior living communities, home health, psychiatric facilities, along with some other facilities where their care is usually needed. They care for terminally ill patients including children. Nursing assistants provide the care in which others shy away through such as changing bedpans, bathing patients in which can’t bathe themselves, along with feeding those patients whose disabilities prevent them through doing This kind of for themselves. They bring respect to the area of nursing care along with dignity to their patients. Nursing assistants see, on a daily basis, how their jobs impact the quality of life of their patients along with their families. As patients get older, nursing assistants will be needed in big numbers.
3. Emergency Room Nursing – Have you been to an emergency room lately? You have a few doctors in which see patients, nevertheless the majority of the staff is usually comprised of nurses. Nurses assess the patients along with triage them according to injuries. They monitor them while they wait for a doctor or transfer to another department within the hospital. Emergency room nursing is usually a fast-paced along with stressful atmosphere in which satisfies the adventure junky in some of us. Nurses in which think fast on their feet could get quite a bit of enjoyment through This kind of area of nursing. There is usually no shortage of accidents on the road, within the home, along with within the air. The job of these nurses is usually critical to the survival of patients in which are hanging on by the thinnest thread.
4. Floor Nursing – There is usually a wide variety of options in This kind of area. Floor nurses contain the options of maternity, critical care, orthopedics, telemetry, surgical, geriatric, along with pediatrics. Within these general categories are also oncology along with burn units. A nurse can gain lots of experience working within one or several of these areas during their nursing careers. Floor nurses are responsible for a certain number of patients each shift. Patients contain the comfort of getting to know their nursing staff along with the staff has the pleasure of taking care of them.
5. Operating Room Nursing – Nurses work within the surgical area as well. Nurses can pursue careers as a circulating nurse within the operating room suite, surgical first assistant to the surgeon, along with nurse anesthesia care. Nurses in which provide anesthesia have at least two years of critical care experience along with have attended a nurse anesthesia school for training. Circulating nurses are responsible for everyone in their operating room in which day. They function as patient advocates–creating sure in which the patient being operated on is usually the correct patient along with in which the doctor is usually performing the correct procedure.
Nurses have many career paths available to them. They can pursue any of these 5 areas or another in which they feel drawn to follow.