Top 5 Nursing Jobs – by Home Health Nurses to Floor Nursing Careers
- November 16, 2016
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Nursing Assistant Classes
Nursing can be more than checking vital signs at regular intervals. The nursing field can be full of opportunities for the completely new along with experienced nurse who doesn’t want to be limited in his or her choices. Here are a few of the top choices inside the nursing profession.
Once you graduate by nursing school, take a deep breath. The hard part can be over along with the fun begins. today, you get to choose where you want to start your nursing career. The hospital floor can be not the only choice out there anymore.
1. Home Health Nursing – People are living longer. With of which comes the issue of care inside the home. More seniors are opting to stay in their primary residence along with take advantage of the home health benefits of their insurance plans. One well-known nursing job can be of which of a home health nurse because they hold the benefit of doing their own schedule. They can take on as few or as many patients as they can handle. Home health nurses aid in bathing, wound care along with dressing, general health assessments, along with any some other issues of which the patient may have. There patients can be invalids or ambulatory folks of which don’t get around so well along with seek a nurse of which can be willing to tend to their care within the home setting. Home health nurses are well paid for their skills along with friendly bedside manner.
2. Nursing Assistants – Nursing assistants are an integral part of the nursing profession. They are not registered nurses nevertheless they provide patient care of which falls under the category of the nursing profession. Nursing assistants are not only found in nursing homes. They work in hospitals, senior living communities, home health, psychiatric facilities, along with some other facilities where their care can be needed. They care for terminally ill patients including children. Nursing assistants provide the care of which others shy away by such as changing bedpans, bathing patients of which can’t bathe themselves, along with feeding those patients whose disabilities prevent them by doing This specific for themselves. They bring respect to the area of nursing care along with dignity to their patients. Nursing assistants see, on a daily basis, how their jobs impact the quality of life of their patients along with their families. As patients get older, nursing assistants will be needed in big numbers.
3. Emergency Room Nursing – Have you been to an emergency room lately? You have a few doctors of which see patients, nevertheless the majority of the staff can be comprised of nurses. Nurses assess the patients along with triage them according to injuries. They monitor them while they wait for a doctor or transfer to another department inside the hospital. Emergency room nursing can be a fast-paced along with stressful atmosphere of which satisfies the adventure junky in some of us. Nurses of which think fast on their feet might get quite a bit of enjoyment by This specific area of nursing. There can be no shortage of accidents on the road, inside the home, along with inside the air. The job of these nurses can be critical to the survival of patients of which are hanging on by the thinnest thread.
4. Floor Nursing – There can be a wide variety of options in This specific area. Floor nurses hold the options of maternity, critical care, orthopedics, telemetry, surgical, geriatric, along with pediatrics. Within these general categories are also oncology along with burn units. A nurse can gain lots of experience working within one or several of these areas during their nursing careers. Floor nurses are responsible for a certain number of patients each shift. Patients hold the comfort of getting to know their nursing staff along with the staff has the pleasure of taking care of them.
5. Operating Room Nursing – Nurses work inside the surgical area as well. Nurses can pursue careers as a circulating nurse inside the operating room suite, surgical first assistant to the surgeon, along with nurse anesthesia care. Nurses of which provide anesthesia have at least two years of critical care experience along with have attended a nurse anesthesia school for training. Circulating nurses are responsible for everyone in their operating room of which day. They function as patient advocates–doing sure of which the patient being operated on can be the correct patient along with of which the doctor can be performing the correct procedure.
Nurses have many career paths available to them. They can pursue any of these a few areas or another of which they feel drawn to follow.