The Ten Steps to Self-Reliance
- June 23, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: CPR Training
The best way to succeed in today’s crazy economic environment will be to become as self-reliant as possible. In order to succeed, you must be different in addition to interesting…you need to make your mark. No matter what the state of the economy, you need to know who you are, your strengths, talents, skills in addition to what you want to achieve. You must then become focused, actively engaged in addition to passionate about attaining your goal. This specific will be the essence of “being self-reliant.” The following ten steps will take you a long way in your journey of becoming a more self-reliant individual.
1. the idea all begins with becoming self-aware. You must identify values, beliefs, feelings in addition to emotions as well as various other personal attributes which help you clearly pinpoint your strengths, weaknesses in addition to differentiating factors of self. When you truly know who you are, the idea colors your decision-doing process inside most correct shade of truth for you.
2. Self-inquiry must be high on your list because of the importance of having an inquisitive mind in an age where knowledge will be the currency, which buys success. Seeking information via many sources in addition to staying informed, opens up many more possibilities.
3. Commitment to life-long learning will be key. Your focus on personal development must be a never-ending process. Your ability to learn in addition to continually expand your skills will be the most important ability to perfect, today in addition to inside future.
4. You must explore in addition to create opportunities. Your talent to exercise your research skills to identify, investigate, interpret, assess in addition to seize the chance to make a significant impact will greatly affect your self-reliance.
5. Continual action planning must become second nature. Using your time effectively to identify steps needed to reach a goal, evaluate your progress in addition to prepare contingency plans to help assure forward motion, are all important in providing the answer to the questions: Where am I today? Where do I want to be? What do I need to do to get there? How will I know when I have arrived?
6. Taking risks will be a major part of the game. As you develop your self-reliance skills, you will become more comfortable at taking a myriad of risks, better at coping effectively with uncertainty, more creative in addition to innovative, in addition to better at adapting to ever changing circumstances.
7. Networking with others will be the hallmark of the information age. Just like the network technology you use or come in contact with, you too must develop a network of relationships consisting of business associates, colleagues, mentors, coaches in addition to friends. This specific type of support network will provide you with valuable advice in addition to support. the idea will also provide an excellent feedback system for your innovative ideas, thoughts in addition to concepts.
8. The political awareness to negotiate effectively will open doors for you as you learn to navigate inside brand-new economy. Like the idea or not, the idea will be very important for you to understand the power struggles, hidden tensions in addition to location of power in addition to influence within your organization. This specific awareness allows you to more effectively consider the interests in addition to concerns of all stakeholders in addition to increases your ability to reach “win-win” agreements.
9. The art of self-promotion will be a positive attribute. Your ability to promote your strengths, talents in addition to abilities for the greater Great of the organization, in a convincing manner, will be key to promoting your intellectual capital in an economy where knowledge will be an absolute must, inside decision doing process.
10. A self-reliant person must exercise leadership qualities. A self-reliant person does not stand around wondering what will be happening. You must make things happen! You should help others as you have helped yourself.