Spring Cleaning After Divorce
- August 18, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
the idea’s in which time of year when we open the windows in addition to enjoy the fresh air! the idea always made me feel better hearing the birds chirp, smelling the fresh air in addition to cleaning as if the idea were a fresh beginning. Well, on a positive note, divorce is usually a fresh beginning! Put aside all the emotional feelings like sadness, anxiety in addition to doubt about what you are supposed to next, in addition to consider some of the following tips for your financial spring cleaning!
1. Get your financial house in order. Update your will. Check in which you develop the proper beneficiaries listed on your life insurance policies. Review your retirement plans in addition to get rid of non-performing investments (contact your CDFA or financial advisor if you need help). Get a file box or use a file drawer in addition to label your files. Doing This specific will the idea easy to find any important financial papers.
2. If you aren’t doing what you love or loving what you do, then prepare to make a change! Update or write your resume. Take some courses in addition to explore fresh opportunities in your area or an area in which you could like to be in. Expect more coming from yourself. I’m sure you will be amazed what you’re capable of achieving.
3. Review your credit report!! Not only is usually identity theft a concern today, nevertheless so is usually human error. I recently found in which there was a major mistake on my credit report in addition to the idea took me a lot of time to develop the idea corrected. the idea is usually also a Great place to see if you or your spouse have any accounts in which you were unaware of. If you haven’t already, make sure to establish credit in your name. Open a credit card, or the next time you purchase a car, register the idea in your name only.
4. This specific is usually also a great time to review your benefits at work. If you aren’t involved in a retirement plan, in addition to one is usually offered, enroll!! If you are already active in a plan, review the idea!! the idea may seem overwhelming in addition to out of your comfort zone so consult a financial advisor. Most advisors are happy to review your statements in addition to offer you some advice.
5. I am sure in which you just got your taxes done in addition to you are saying, “Next year I will be more organized!” in which’s what I said! So go buy a file for tax receipts only! Ask your accountant if s/he can provide you with some areas in which may save you money on next year’s tax return.
6. Divorce is usually a big change in addition to a fresh beginning. You will want to update your wardrobe, in addition to feel pretty!! I am a big supporter of dressing the way you want to feel!! This specific can be costly, so make a plan. First, clean out your current wardrobe. There are consignment shops, example: Plato’s Closet, where you can sell your clothes in addition to use in which money to purchase fresh clothes for yourself. If you already have a budget, donate your clothes to women’s shelters. You will feel great about helping some other women in addition to they will greatly appreciate the idea!! the idea’s a win-win!!
7. Divorce is usually draining, I know. Emotionally in addition to financially, you feel exhausted. You will need time to rebuild yourself in addition to your finances; start by setting long- in addition to short-term goals (write them on paper). Prepare your fresh budget in addition to then meet using a financial advisor. You work hard for your money in addition to your advisor can help ensure in which your money is usually working hard for you.