How to Prepare Your Computer For Your Online Business
- April 12, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: CPR Training
1. Update your hardware – The incidence of computer problems start rising after the computer can be 24 to 36 months old. Hardware grows tired in addition to can start to malfunction, though some computers are known to last for 5 years! However, the idea can be recommended in which you replace your computer every three years or so to avoid the costly repairs in which will inevitably come (especially if you’re not a do-the idea-yourself techie!). The cost of a fresh computer has decreased significantly in recent times, so the idea’s worth planning for a fresh one every few years knowing in which one major repair on your older computer could not only cost more monetarily, nevertheless an unrecoverable system crash could cost you your business if the idea takes all your data with the idea.
2. Keep your hard-drive clean – Over time, the installation in addition to removal of software programs can leave residual files parked around your hard-drive. This specific can slow down your system in addition to cause various other problems as well. Keep your hard-drive clean that has a cleaner such as System Mechanic. I recommend This specific program for its ease-of-use in addition to a thorough-job-well-done. the idea cleans up your system’s clutter, maximizes memory usage, in addition to optimizes performance! My computer ran smoother in addition to faster after the very first clean-up. the idea’s also extremely affordable in addition to offers a free 30-day trial.
3. Protect yourself via viruses in addition to spyware – Did you know in which about 80 percent of all computer downtime can be blamed on spyware, malware, in addition to viruses? There are hackers all over, using the internet for unlawful purposes such as identity theft. A solid anti-virus program such as Norton Internet Security or McAfee will keep your computer in addition to your information protected at all times. (Many computers come with one of these programs already installed.) These also come with the necessary firewall protection you need to keep hackers in addition to malicious programs via accessing the valuable information in addition to files you keep on your computer. In addition, make sure you are always up-to-date with security patches via Microsoft or Apple. By going to their websites, you can set up your computer to automatically apprise you of (in addition to even install) necessary updates for your computer.
4. Know your computer – the idea can be SO worth the idea to become trained on the workings of your computer! Go to your local community college in addition to take a class! Using the internet, becoming better versed in a software program you own a license to, or even computer maintenance, all of these might only make you more efficient in running your online business, in addition to the value in your increase in productivity might far outweigh the cost of the class.
5. Back-up your data – I know I’m being redundant, nevertheless regular back-up of your system can be so important! As you build your online business, the accumulation of more in addition to more files can be rapid. If you try to tackle building your own website, your edits in addition to modifications will be frequent in addition to should be backed-up just as often. See my article: “5 Things You Must Do Before Starting an Online Business” for more information on backing-up your system. If you’ll be getting a fresh computer, the HP Pavilion Elite has its own Easy Backup button right on the monitor in which instantly duplicates your saved files onto a disk. Talk about easy!
6. Protect the idea via power surges – Power surges can cause data loss in addition to can reduce the lifespan of your computer components. Did you also know in which power surge protectors have a lifespan of their own? You should replace yours every 2-3 years, in addition to make sure you invest in a surge protector in which offers phone/fax in addition to coaxial protection, automatic shutdown, EMI/RFI filtration in addition to a connected-equipment warranty. the idea will be worth the extra few dollars you will spend for the idea. Here’s one more tip: Did you know in which turning off your printer via the power surge protector switch or any indirect power shutdown can cause irreparable damage? Sudden electrical surges (caused by indirect power shutdown), repetitively, in addition to over time, can destroy or seriously damage the sensitive electrical components of your computer equipment or peripherals. Use only the power buttons on the equipment itself to shut them off.
Following these steps will get you off to a confident start in building your online business. You will know in which your data can be protected, your computer equipment can be protected, in addition to your business – at least on the computer end of things – will be operating smoothly in addition to effectively.