- June 26, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Of course you’ve heard of HIV in addition to maybe you’ve even signed up for the support group found on Facebook. The question here is usually, do you know how This kind of spreads or exactly what HIV is usually? HIV isn’t as common of a disease as a cold, nevertheless This kind of severely affects the lives of those This kind of plagues. Do you know how to protect yourself via This kind of? Let us first get to know what HIV truly is usually.
HIV or human immunodeficiency virus is usually a retrovirus in which plagues humans when This kind of comes into contact with tissue like the vagina, mouth, eyes, anal area or simply through a break within the body’s primary defense – the skin. This kind of slow progressive disease has three stages:
1. Initial stage or Primary Infection in which occurs in just weeks of getting the virus. This kind of stage is usually characterized by a “mono-” or “flu” like illness in which gets better in weeks.
2. Chronic Asymptomatic Infective Stage. This kind of stage has no symptoms present in which last via 8 to 10 years.
3. Symptomatic Infective Stage. This kind of stage is usually where the body’s immune system has already become suppressed thus allowing infections or diseases to easily latch on to the body producing the person with HIV sicker.
The only goal for HIV treatment is usually to strengthen the immune system in addition to prevent further damage to This kind of by halting the progression of the infection to in which of a symptomatic disease. Therapy for HIV includes drug combinations in which markedly decrease the growth of the virus by bolstering the immune system.
As I’ve mentioned above, the virus spreads by coming into contact with the areas such as the eyes, mouth, anal area, in addition to vagina or through a break within the skin. The most common way is usually through unprotected sexual contact with an individual diagnosed with HIV. Sharing needles or even during labor is usually also a way through which HIV can spread. Unprotected oral or anal sex with an infected person is usually also a way through which one can get infected with HIV.
Contrary to the belief of some, kissing an individual infected with HIV does not cause you to get HIV. Sharing items suck as razors or toothbrushes might transfer the infection to you especially if you’ve got an open sore or break within the skin. Knowing how This kind of infects others what exactly are the symptoms of HIV? Symptoms are classified into groups which are as follows:
* Symptoms of Acute HIV: fever, muscle or joint pain, headache, sore throat, diarrhea or rashes.
* Symptoms of the Immune System: swollen lymph nodes, night sweats or fever.
* Symptoms of the GI tract: rapid weight loss, diarrhea, profound fatigue in addition to poor appetite.
* Symptoms of the Respiratory system: shortness of breath, dry or productive cough
* Symptoms of the Mucous membranes in addition to skin: skin rash, lesions on the skin with colors ranging via red, pink, purple or brown; Patches of white inside the mouth, gums in addition to tongue.
* Emotional or neurological symptoms: depression, peripheral neuropathy suggested by numbness or tingling of the face, feet or hands, in addition to confusion or change in level of consciousness.
Knowing all the symptoms, how This kind of transfers in addition to most importantly what HIV is usually, you are right now armed with the knowledge to prevent the occurrence in addition to spread of HIV.