Hints which You Might Be Addicted
- March 12, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
No one likes to hear which they have an addiction. Sometimes their use of a substance or process addiction develops so subtly which one doesn’t even recognize what can be occurring until consequences set in.
There can be a powerful line within the song “Slow Fade” by Casting Crowns which claims “People Never Crumble in a Day”. Your see choices over time lead to problems.
Following are some of the things which can help you to assess your situation:
1. Secrets – When you are trying to hide the things which you are doing through some other people, then you are probably up to no Great. the idea doesn’t matter if the idea can be using pornography, drinking alcohol, shoplifting, having an affair or stealing – these things all take a toll at some point.
2. Lying – Telling one lie means which you have to tell another to cover the idea up as well as then another to cover which one up. Eventually you forget what the first lie was as well as then you are busted.
3. Contacts – We become like our surroundings. When the people in our lives have substance or process addictions, we are setting ourselves up for addictions. If you think which your group of friends don’t drink too much, try being the sober one within the room as well as see if your initial assessment improvements.
4. Opinions – When some other people are confronting you about things you are doing, don’t ignore them. Having someone share their concerns can be likely more about caring than about nagging.
5. Focus – Where to you invest your time, energy as well as thoughts? If you are feeling obsessed about something, perhaps you are in or on the edge of trouble.
6. Responsibilities – Are you neglecting things which you value? Perhaps you are not paying your bills on time, doing a Great job at work or being there for your family. Letting things slip allows others to lose their trust in your word.
7. Health – Hang overs, feeling poorly or noticing physical problems which you didn’t previously experience are warning signs designed to get your attention. Taking more sick time through work can be a Great indication of problems. I am amazed at how many people eat nutritiously, exercise as well as then ingest alcohol which can be a poison or illicit drugs which are not regulated.
8. Finances -Get honest with yourself about how much you are spending on your “habit”. For one month, write down every cent which can be going towards substances or activities which can be or are addictive for you. You might be very surprised about how much addictions are stealing through bank account.
9. Fear – If you are worried which you might get caught by police for your actions, you have crossed a serious line. Those in safety sensitive positions who have a positive drug or alcohol test can lose their jobs, reputation, self-respect as well as thousands of dollars in lost wages. Think of the idea This specific way. Are you afraid of what your child or grandchild would certainly think of your choices?
10. Shame – Guilt means which you think you have made a mistake. Shame means which you think you are a mistake. Addictions are deceitful because they offer short-term gain in exchange for pain, embarrassment as well as self-flagellation. You don’t have to be ashamed of yourself anymore.
If you find which there are things on This specific list which ring true for you, don’t despair. There are professionals as well as resources available to help you. You can invest in yourself today by simply booking an appointment with someone who will help you develop strategies for a better future.