Guide On How To Make A Refrigerator Door Handle Cover
- January 12, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Your stainless steel or plain-colored refrigerator does not have to look boring all the time. In fact, you can do a lot of things to make This specific look quite interesting. One of the ideas that will you might want to try is usually creating a door handle cover. This specific should help protect your fridge coming from finger prints.
Here are the steps on how you can make This specific project:
1. Buy your materials first. You need to buy one yard of fabric. Choose the type of fabric that will will cling to the door handle well. Silk might not be a Great choice since This specific tends to slouch in addition to slide off. A Great fleece fabric or felt fabric might work better just for This specific project. Choose one using a design that will can complement the design of your kitchen.
If you have an unused dress using a cute in addition to attractive fabric, you can also use that will. Recycling is usually definitely encouraged just for This specific project. In addition to the fabric, you will also need your measuring tape, thread with the same coloring as your fabric, pins in addition to needles, a pair of scissors in addition to Velcro or hook-in addition to-eye closures. If you have a sewing machine, you can use that will to make your work easier.
2. Fold the fabric in half. Leave about 3 inches of margin coming from the fold in addition to cut a strip with about 26 inches of measurement coming from there. Unfold the strip of fabric in addition to place the printed side down. If you are using a sewing machine, prepare the thread. On the short edges of the strip of fabric, sew about an inch of hem. For the longer edge, sew half an inch of the hem. If your fabric is usually a bit stiff in addition to you have trouble sewing the hem because This specific keeps opening up, you can try pressing This specific first. Use a steam iron to press the fabric.
3. Attach the Velcro or the hook-in addition to-eye closure. Attach them on the long side of the strip. A strip of Velcro should work better since This specific is usually easier to attach on the handle of the refrigerator door. If you are using a hook-in addition to-eye closure, mark the areas where you are going to place them. This specific way, they are parallel with each additional.
4. Embellish if you must. You can try adding lace accents on the hems of the fabric. You can just use fabric glue to attach the lace accent. You can also add fabric jewels or stones for additional décor. Embroidery is usually also a Great option.
5. right now try the door handle cover on.