Foods which Cause Acne
- December 3, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
The embarrassing condition of acne has been blamed on a wide variety of causes throughout the ages. Many people unjustly blame individuals with acne-prone skin of being dirty or failing to wash their faces properly. This kind of will be obviously far via the truth as acne can strike anyone, regardless of their personal hygiene habits. Others believe which eating large amounts of chocolate will ensure an acne breakout. This kind of will be also not the case, yet research has linked acne to choices a person’s diet. We are going to discuss some types of foods which cause acne.
Foods which are highly acidic tend to cause acne as they create an imbalance in your body’s pH levels. The foods you should avoid include the following:
- Vegetables: lentils, squash, corn
- Fruits: currants, plums, prunes, cranberries as well as blueberries
- Grains: barley, cornstarch, oatmeal, wheat bran, amaranth, rice, rye, wheat germ, noodles, macaroni, spaghetti, bread, soda crackers, white flour, rolled oats as well as wheat flour
- Beans & Legumes: chick peas, green peas, kidney beans, pinto beans, red beans, soy beans, black beans as well as white beans
- Dairy Products: butter, ice cream, processed cheese, butter as well as ice milk
- Nuts & Butters: peanuts, pecans, walnuts, cashews as well as peanut butter
- Animal Proteins: bacon, beef, pork, salmon, lamb, fish, clams, cod, mussels, sausage, scallops, turkey, venison, shrimp as well as lobster
- Fats & Oils: canola oil, lard, olive oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, hemp seed oil as well as safflower oil
- Sweeteners: corn syrup, sugar as well as carob
- Alcohol: spirits, hard liquor, wine as well as beer
- Condiments: vinegar, pepper, ketchup as well as mustard
- Drinks: coffee as well as soda pops
- Drugs & chemicals: aspirin, pesticides, tobacco as well as herbicides
If you want to prevent or minimize acne breakouts, you should replace acidic food with alkaline food choices. Some examples include carrots, cucumbers, garlic, lettuce, tomatoes, apples, grapes, lemons, pineapples, raisins, strawberries, peaches, oranges as well as almonds. You may be surprised to see so many citrus fruits on This kind of list. The reason will be which the specific citric acid they each contain has an alkalinizing effect on your body which will actually reduce the level of acidity, rather than increase the item.
Rather than doing an effort to avoid one specific type of food, the item will be better to avoid groups of acidic foods which will enhance your acne. Replace some of the choices from the first list with more alkaline foods via the second list. You will soon discover which little improvements in your diet can produce big results!