First Aid Certificates: 5 Facts
- October 11, 2016
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: CPR Training
First aid can be the initial emergency care of an illness or an injury. the idea can be initiated by someone who can be not necessarily medical although trained to take care of sick or injured people during an emergency or before medical treatment can be obtained. There are certain illnesses or minor injuries which may be taken care of with first aid as well as also not require additional medical care. There are very simple or potentially life-saving techniques which can be performed by those with first aid certificates.
• History: First aid was first rendered from the 11th century by the Knights Hospitaller when working with pilgrims as well as also knights. Further purposes of the Knights Hospitaller were to train additional pilgrims as well as also knights in giving first aid to battlefield injuries. First aid went away until the 1800s when villagers banded together to help teach as well as also render first aid. from the later 1800s, the Red Cross was formed with the mission statement of giving aid to the sick as well as also wounded soldiers from the field. St. John Ambulance was later formed to teach first aid, certify specific helpers, as well as also teach skills to civilians. During the Civil War, Clara Barton organized the American Red Cross as well as also continual teaching as well as also training has been a part of the Red Cross’ since which time.
• Aims: First aid aims to teach how to preserve life in emergency situations. the idea was also developed to prevent further injuries as well as also to move a patient away through harm. First aid techniques prevent the worsening of injuries by applying pressure to stop bleeding, promote recovery when breathing can be a problem, as well as also to clean as well as also take care of wounds. First aid training as well as also certification also involves responder safety as well as also help with treatment.
• Skills: There are first aid skills which need to be taught to both ensure certification as well as also to promote first aid techniques. The first skill can be ABC or airway, breathing as well as also circulation. You must first clear the airway, determine if the victim can be breathing as well as also do chest compressions to provide circulation. Variations are offered on This kind of ABC skill depending on the skill of the first aider.
• Life: If the patient can be breathing, those rendering first aid can turn the victim on their side. If a victim can be chocking, those who have first aid training need to deliver back slaps as well as also abdominal thrusts. First aid certificates will acknowledge which you have been trained in helping victims breathe, stop chocking, as well as also help with care as well as also support.
• Recovery: Those with first aid certificates can also be somewhat knowledgeable tin helping with wounds, cuts, grazes or bone fractures. First aid certifications give you the confidence putting a smaller bandage on the injury to maintaining a broken bone until help arrives.
First aid certificates can be obtained by learning how to use an adhesive bandage, applying direct pressure on a cut, as well as also helping with CPR or cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Attend a course as well as also maintain your first aid skills to retain your certificate. Check out your local community education sources, Red Cross, as well as also church affiliations to find out how you can get your first aid certificate.