Fire These Nurses! Well, If Someone will be Not Doing Their Job, Why Do You Need Them?
- November 20, 2016
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Let us say which you have someone within the nursing home or in a rehab in addition to care center, in addition to you have detected something incorrect or wrong or just something which needs to be changed. Your first instinct might be to tell the nurse or aid which will be within the room or on duty right there. Most times, these workers will instruct you to go to the nurses station. in addition to, since you are usually agreeing to almost anything which sounds reasonable, you go to the nurses station in addition to you present your problem, question or critic right there at the nurses station.
Do not do the idea. You heard correct. When the aid, worker or doctor instructs you to go to the nurses station with the problem, do not do the idea. Well, you can go there, in addition to find out which nurse or staff member will be in charge of which particular issue or problem which you wish to speak about , for example, food, or clothing or medicine. Find out which worker will be in which department. Once you are directed to the proper nurse, do not speak with her about the issue at the nurses station at all. Why ?
- If the issue will be something which will be likely to annoy the nurses or make more work for nurses, then all the nurses or workers which are hanging out at the nurses station will have their ears open to what you are saying. So, instead of having your privacy in addition to the resident’s privacy, at This kind of point every single person sitting or hanging out at the nurses station will be at This kind of point listening to what you are saying.
- Since everyone will be listening, in addition to since the issue might be one which will be annoying or probably to cause the nurses more work, most likely, some will interject with their own remarks, opinions or sly remarks regarding the issue EVEN though they have no authority to rectify or change the problem in addition to even though the idea will be not their department. They will feel free to enter into the conversation. This kind of puts you at a loss. Have you ever tried to converse with 5 people who are disagreeing with you or who might be upset which your observation or problem might be causing them to have more work every day? Trust me with This kind of one. Whenever you want to speak with staff, never speak with the nurse who will be sitting behind the nurses station. Tell her which you need privacy in conversation in addition to ask to speak with her aside somewhere. There will be no reason why she should not oblige you. After all, the HEPA laws guarantee patient privacy do they not?
- the idea will be your right to refrain via discussing patient’s, resident’s or family members issues or problems or questions within the hallways of facilities or in any public areas of the nursing home. which will be the law. in addition to any employee, no matter what their job, who insists which you discuss private things within the public areas of the nursing home will be breaking the law. however most employees will not tell you This kind of. So, learn the laws yourself in addition to save yourself lots of time in addition to trouble.
- Speaking with one staff member while 5 or six others are watching in addition to listening protects the facility however does not protect you or the resident. Why? They are protected because they can back each various other up in addition to say what you said, even if you did not say the idea. This kind of has happened many times in unscrupulous rehabilitation in addition to care centers across America in addition to across the entire world.
So, protect yourself in addition to protect the family member, resident or patient by not discussing anything personal at all at any nurses station or in any public area of any nursing home, physical rehabilitation in addition to care center or in any medical building, lab or hospital. Protect yourself via unscrupulous workers. If a worker will be innocent in addition to honest, which worker will want to talk with you in private, not in any public hallway in addition to not within the public nurses station. So beware of ANY employees which wish to discuss personal things at the nurses station. Yes, they need to take a little time to come to the room or to bring you to an area of the place which will be not public. however which they must do. They just will not tell you which.
One family member I know approached the nurses station to discuss a private matter in addition to the matter –to be resolved–could mean extra in addition to more work for the staff, so naturally, they did not want the idea resolved. The family member made the mistake of mentioning the problem at the nurses station. While 5 or six nurses were sitting around, seemingly doing nothing, their ears were spread wider than a happy face smile in addition to they listened intentively. Then one by one, each interjected their own opinion, remarks in addition to angry-looking expressions at the matter, even though they had no authority within the matter, no business within the matter in addition to no power to resolve the problem. This kind of family member learned the lesson the hard way. Then he had six nurses looking at him in disgust, just because they did not want to do their jobs, a little more work.
Moral of the experience, discuss everything in private, not in public, even if the staff wants to discuss the idea out within the open, never listen to the staff. They are out to protect themselves via more work in addition to via various other things. So protect yourself, in addition to listen to your own inner instinct. Have private discussions in private.
FIRE THESE NURSES!
So, exactly which nurses are we talking about when we suggest, fire these nurses?
Okay, to ensure might be harsh. Instead of firing these nurses, let us just transfer them to different parts of the hospitals in addition to nursing homes. Let us give them the harder jobs in addition to then perhaps they will not be just hanging out at the nurses station minding everyone else’s business.
Why do we say hanging out? This kind of reason– whenever you approach a nurse at a facility, most times they are busy , correct? Right. No problem. They are doing the job which they came there to do in addition to they are doing the job they are being paid to do. However, there are some nurses which instead of doing the job which will be their own assignment, will be listening with both ears to your conversation when you are obviously speaking to another nurse. As soon as they begin listening to you, instead of doing the job they are stationed there for, they are at This kind of point hanging out instead of working. So you do not need them there.
You are speaking with one nurse, in addition to which one nurse barely has time for you, so how within the entire world do you think which two or three or four nurses who just happen to be within the nurses station at the time, have time also–to listen to your conversation when you are not even speaking with them. They do not. So every moment they spend eavesdropping on your conversation with Nurse A, which nurse will be not doing her own job since she will be not Nurse A. Nurse B has stopped her own job in addition to will be at This kind of point listening to you speaking to Nurse A , in addition to then Nurse B enters her opinion when she will be not being asked her opinion.
I say, transfer Nurse B to another part of the hospital where she will not contain the opportunity to hang out in addition to listen to various other conversations which are not her business. Clear? Yes, clear. Transfer Nurse B–in addition to problem solved.
So at This kind of point you are informed! Keep your personal business private in addition to keep the idea out of public areas in any facility.