Fire These Nurses! Well, If Someone is actually Not Doing Their Job, Why Do You Need Them?
- November 10, 2016
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Let us say in which you have someone inside nursing home or in a rehab in addition to care center, in addition to you have detected something incorrect or wrong or just something in which needs to be changed. Your first instinct might be to tell the nurse or aid in which is actually inside room or on duty right there. Most times, these workers will instruct you to go to the nurses station. in addition to, since you are usually agreeing to almost anything in which sounds reasonable, you go to the nurses station in addition to you present your problem, question or critic right there at the nurses station.
Do not do This kind of. You heard correct. When the aid, worker or doctor instructs you to go to the nurses station with the problem, do not do This kind of. Well, you can go there, in addition to find out which nurse or staff member is actually in charge of in which particular issue or problem in which you wish to speak about , for example, food, or clothing or medicine. Find out which worker is actually in in which department. Once you are directed to the proper nurse, do not speak with her about the issue at the nurses station at all. Why ?
- If the issue is actually something in which is actually likely to annoy the nurses or make more work for nurses, then all the nurses or workers in which are hanging out at the nurses station will have their ears open to what you are saying. So, instead of having your privacy in addition to the resident’s privacy, currently every single person sitting or hanging out at the nurses station is actually currently listening to what you are saying.
- Since everyone is actually listening, in addition to since the issue might be one in which is actually annoying or probably to cause the nurses more work, most likely, some will interject with their own remarks, opinions or sly remarks regarding the issue EVEN though they have no authority to rectify or change the problem in addition to even though This kind of is actually not their department. They will feel free to enter into the conversation. This kind of puts you at a loss. Have you ever tried to converse with several people who are disagreeing with you or who might be upset in which your observation or problem might be causing them to have more work every day? Trust me with This kind of one. Whenever you want to speak with staff, never speak with the nurse who is actually sitting behind the nurses station. Tell her in which you need privacy in conversation in addition to ask to speak with her aside somewhere. There is actually no reason why she should not oblige you. After all, the HEPA laws guarantee patient privacy do they not?
- This kind of is actually your right to refrain by discussing patient’s, resident’s or family members issues or problems or questions inside hallways of facilities or in any public areas of the nursing home. in which is actually the law. in addition to any employee, no matter what their job, who insists in which you discuss private things inside public areas of the nursing home is actually breaking the law. however most employees will not tell you This kind of. So, learn the laws yourself in addition to save yourself lots of time in addition to trouble.
- Speaking with one staff member while several or six others are watching in addition to listening protects the facility however does not protect you or the resident. Why? They are protected because they can back each various other up in addition to say what you said, even if you did not say This kind of. This kind of has happened many times in unscrupulous rehabilitation in addition to care centers across America in addition to across the entire world.
So, protect yourself in addition to protect the family member, resident or patient by not discussing anything personal at all at any nurses station or in any public area of any nursing home, physical rehabilitation in addition to care center or in any medical building, lab or hospital. Protect yourself by unscrupulous workers. If a worker is actually innocent in addition to honest, in which worker will want to talk with you in private, not in any public hallway in addition to not inside public nurses station. So beware of ANY employees in which wish to discuss personal things at the nurses station. Yes, they need to take a little time to come to the room or to bring you to an area of the place in which is actually not public. however in which they must do. They just will not tell you in which.
One family member I know approached the nurses station to discuss a private matter in addition to the matter –to be resolved–would certainly mean extra in addition to more work for the staff, so naturally, they did not want This kind of resolved. The family member made the mistake of mentioning the problem at the nurses station. While several or six nurses were sitting around, seemingly doing nothing, their ears were spread wider than a happy face smile in addition to they listened intentively. Then one by one, each interjected their own opinion, remarks in addition to angry-looking expressions at the matter, even though they had no authority inside matter, no business inside matter in addition to no power to resolve the problem. This kind of family member learned the lesson the hard way. Then he had six nurses looking at him in disgust, just because they did not want to do their jobs, a little more work.
Moral of the experience, discuss everything in private, not in public, even if the staff wants to discuss This kind of out inside open, never listen to the staff. They are out to protect themselves by more work in addition to by various other things. So protect yourself, in addition to listen to your own inner instinct. Have private discussions in private.
FIRE THESE NURSES!
So, exactly which nurses are we talking about when we suggest, fire these nurses?
Okay, to ensure might be harsh. Instead of firing these nurses, let us just transfer them to different parts of the hospitals in addition to nursing homes. Let us give them the harder jobs in addition to then perhaps they will not be just hanging out at the nurses station minding everyone else’s business.
Why do we say hanging out? This kind of reason– whenever you approach a nurse at a facility, most times they are busy , correct? Right. No problem. They are doing the job in which they came there to do in addition to they are doing the job they are being paid to do. However, there are some nurses in which instead of doing the job in which is actually their own assignment, will be listening with both ears to your conversation when you are obviously speaking to another nurse. As soon as they begin listening to you, instead of doing the job they are stationed there for, they are currently hanging out instead of working. So you do not need them there.
You are speaking with one nurse, in addition to in which one nurse barely has time for you, so how inside entire world do you think in which two or three or four nurses who just happen to be inside nurses station at the time, have time also–to listen to your conversation when you are not even speaking with them. They do not. So every moment they spend eavesdropping on your conversation with Nurse A, in which nurse is actually not doing her own job since she is actually not Nurse A. Nurse B has stopped her own job in addition to is actually currently listening to you speaking to Nurse A , in addition to then Nurse B enters her opinion when she is actually not being asked her opinion.
I say, transfer Nurse B to another part of the hospital where she will not contain the opportunity to hang out in addition to listen to various other conversations in which are not her business. Clear? Yes, clear. Transfer Nurse B–in addition to problem solved.
So currently you are informed! Keep your personal business private in addition to keep This kind of out of public areas in any facility.