Fire These Nurses! Well, If Someone is actually Not Doing Their Job, Why Do You Need Them?
- November 16, 2016
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Let us say in which you have someone within the nursing home or in a rehab along with care center, along with you have detected something incorrect or wrong or just something in which needs to be changed. Your first instinct might be to tell the nurse or aid in which is actually within the room or on duty right there. Most times, these workers will instruct you to go to the nurses station. along with, since you are usually agreeing to almost anything in which sounds reasonable, you go to the nurses station along with you present your problem, question or critic right there at the nurses station.
Do not do in which. You heard correct. When the aid, worker or doctor instructs you to go to the nurses station with the problem, do not do in which. Well, you can go there, along with find out which nurse or staff member is actually in charge of in which particular issue or problem in which you wish to speak about , for example, food, or clothing or medicine. Find out which worker is actually in in which department. Once you are directed to the proper nurse, do not speak with her about the issue at the nurses station at all. Why ?
- If the issue is actually something in which is actually likely to annoy the nurses or make more work for nurses, then all the nurses or workers in which are hanging out at the nurses station will have their ears open to what you are saying. So, instead of having your privacy along with the resident’s privacy, right now every single person sitting or hanging out at the nurses station is actually right now listening to what you are saying.
- Since everyone is actually listening, along with since the issue might be one in which is actually annoying or probably to cause the nurses more work, most likely, some will interject with their own remarks, opinions or sly remarks regarding the issue EVEN though they have no authority to rectify or change the problem along with even though in which is actually not their department. They will feel free to enter into the conversation. This particular puts you at a loss. Have you ever tried to converse with all 5 people who are disagreeing with you or who might be upset in which your observation or problem might be causing them to have more work every day? Trust me with This particular one. Whenever you want to speak with staff, never speak with the nurse who is actually sitting behind the nurses station. Tell her in which you need privacy in conversation along with ask to speak with her aside somewhere. There is actually no reason why she should not oblige you. After all, the HEPA laws guarantee patient privacy do they not?
- in which is actually your right to refrain through discussing patient’s, resident’s or family members issues or problems or questions within the hallways of facilities or in any public areas of the nursing home. in which is actually the law. along with any employee, no matter what their job, who insists in which you discuss private things within the public areas of the nursing home is actually breaking the law. nevertheless most employees will not tell you This particular. So, learn the laws yourself along with save yourself lots of time along with trouble.
- Speaking with one staff member while all 5 or six others are watching along with listening protects the facility nevertheless does not protect you or the resident. Why? They are protected because they can back each some other up along with say what you said, even if you did not say in which. This particular has happened many times in unscrupulous rehabilitation along with care centers across America along with across the planet.
So, protect yourself along with protect the family member, resident or patient by not discussing anything personal at all at any nurses station or in any public area of any nursing home, physical rehabilitation along with care center or in any medical building, lab or hospital. Protect yourself through unscrupulous workers. If a worker is actually innocent along with honest, in which worker will want to talk with you in private, not in any public hallway along with not within the public nurses station. So beware of ANY employees in which wish to discuss personal things at the nurses station. Yes, they need to take a little time to come to the room or to bring you to an area of the place in which is actually not public. nevertheless in which they must do. They just will not tell you in which.
One family member I know approached the nurses station to discuss a private matter along with the matter –to be resolved–might mean extra along with more work for the staff, so naturally, they did not want in which resolved. The family member made the mistake of mentioning the problem at the nurses station. While all 5 or six nurses were sitting around, seemingly doing nothing, their ears were spread wider than a happy face smile along with they listened intentively. Then one by one, each interjected their own opinion, remarks along with angry-looking expressions at the matter, even though they had no authority within the matter, no business within the matter along with no power to resolve the problem. This particular family member learned the lesson the hard way. Then he had six nurses looking at him in disgust, just because they did not want to do their jobs, a little more work.
Moral of the experience, discuss everything in private, not in public, even if the staff wants to discuss in which out within the open, never listen to the staff. They are out to protect themselves through more work along with through some other things. So protect yourself, along with listen to your own inner instinct. Have private discussions in private.
FIRE THESE NURSES!
So, exactly which nurses are we talking about when we suggest, fire these nurses?
Okay, to ensure might be harsh. Instead of firing these nurses, let us just transfer them to different parts of the hospitals along with nursing homes. Let us give them the harder jobs along with then perhaps they will not be just hanging out at the nurses station minding everyone else’s business.
Why do we say hanging out? This particular reason– whenever you approach a nurse at a facility, most times they are busy , correct? Right. No problem. They are doing the job in which they came there to do along with they are doing the job they are being paid to do. However, there are some nurses in which instead of doing the job in which is actually their own assignment, will be listening with both ears to your conversation when you are obviously speaking to another nurse. As soon as they begin listening to you, instead of doing the job they are stationed there for, they are right now hanging out instead of working. So you do not need them there.
You are speaking with one nurse, along with in which one nurse barely has time for you, so how within the planet do you think in which two or three or four nurses who just happen to be within the nurses station at the time, have time also–to listen to your conversation when you are not even speaking with them. They do not. So every moment they spend eavesdropping on your conversation with Nurse A, in which nurse is actually not doing her own job since she is actually not Nurse A. Nurse B has stopped her own job along with is actually right now listening to you speaking to Nurse A , along with then Nurse B enters her opinion when she is actually not being asked her opinion.
I say, transfer Nurse B to another part of the hospital where she will not develop the opportunity to hang out along with listen to some other conversations in which are not her business. Clear? Yes, clear. Transfer Nurse B–along with problem solved.
So right now you are informed! Keep your personal business private along with keep in which out of public areas in any facility.