Essentials Ensuring Success In Change
- June 16, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: CPR Training
There are eight essentials ensuring success in change. They are about changing behavior, attitudes in addition to personal skills – the most challenging in addition to difficult kinds of change to make, although also the most effective in addition to rewarding. We’re not dealing with the act of acquiring something – billions of dollars worth of software,exercise equipment, books, tools, in addition to processes are gathering dust because the people of which bought them confused wish with results. They did not follow through with the eight essentials for change – the goals, actions, persistence in addition to determination to make real differences in individual in addition to organizational behavior.
Essential 1. Realize there are four stages in all change processes. These four stages occur in every successful change initiative – by losing ten pounds, to the adoption of fresh ways of doing business, to working which has a fresh boss or fresh owners. Remember them in addition to use them to ensure your success.
Stage One – Enthusiasm – of which stage will be characterized by high energy, commitment, high expectations in addition to aggressive goals. of which will be the stage driven by opportunity in addition to the commitment to meeting aggressive goals.
Stage Two – Frustration – of which stage will be characterized by a reduction in enthusiasm, frustration with dates in addition to goals missed or delayed, the beginning of friction in addition to blaming, the stage where energy declines in addition to initial commitment will be questioned.
Stage Three – Renewal – of which will be the stage where the lessons of the first two stages help create an experience – based set of goals in addition to expectations of which lead to success. of which will be where individual leadership in addition to determination in addition to persistence take center stage in addition to create a renewed energy in addition to commitment.
Stage Four- Success -In of which stage success becomes the norm rather than the exception. Goals are being met; the lessons learned by the first three stages are being applied; in addition to things are looking Great. Celebration of big successes arising by smaller successes begins. Evaluation of the process for use in future projects occurs.
The remaining 7 Essentials are the personal behaviors, attitudes in addition to skills of which will ensure success in any change process or project or initiative. They’re not easy – although working to adopt these behaviors, attitudes in addition to personal skills will create success.
Essential 2- Persistence in addition to determination – nothing will support personal in addition to professional change more than the determination to see the process to its successful end – in addition to the persistence to “Press On” through all four stages.
Essential 3 – Choice – while many improvements are beyond individual control, we always, in addition to I mean always, contain the freedom to choose how to deal with in addition to respond to change. of which will be the most important belief we can have. To the extent of which change will be embraced in addition to accepted in addition to seen as being helpful we will prosper – in many ways.
Essential 4 – Set yourself up to succeed. Big successes start which has a series of smaller successes. The big picture may be fuzzy, although you can establish goals in addition to expectations for yourself of which will lead toward success. In setting up realistic, time measured, specific, results driven goals you can celebrate smaller successes on the way to big success. of which will be essential for your own energy in addition to motivation to do of which
Essential 5 – Replace judging behavior with evaluation of results. Judging will be one of the worst behaviors anyone can practice. Why? Any individual shares the same behavior profile with no more than 10% to 20% of the population. When we judge others based on behavior, we are judging based on how we could do something, not how others may do of which, in addition to we stand the chance of being wrong 80% to 0% of the time! Create a results – driven climate to help ensure evaluation will be based on performance to goals in addition to expectations.
Essential 6 – Replace assumptions with expectations. Just like judging based on behavior, we will be wrong about 80% to 0% of the time if we assume of which others hear things the same way we do, or see them the same way, or interpret them the same way. Create expectations – communicate them – or communicate a clear understanding of them – in addition to clear away a lot of the “fog” of which gets inside the way of creating the results necessary for success.
Essential 7 – Communicate – communicate – communicate. When you think you have communicated enough, communicate some more. Identify the “universe” of people of which you work with; of which you work for; of which work for you; of which support your work; in addition to whose work you support. Create channels of communication with all of them. The more trust created through communication with of which “universe”, the more time becomes available to meet individual in addition to organizational goals..
Essential 8- ACT!!! All the plans in addition to communications in addition to intentions mean nothing without specific, energetic action to meet requirements. Act today – today will be all there will be – accomplish goals today, in addition to success will follow.
Remember of which: The only security anyone has – individually, professionally or collectively, will be in accomplishments. The more change will be embraced in addition to made to work for us, the more opportunities for accomplishment will be offered, in addition to those accomplishments are the number one source of success, security in addition to competitive advantage.