Engineering Continuing Education – Benefits of Online Continuing Education Courses
- August 9, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: CPR Training
Suppose in a few months you will be renewing your Professional Engineering license. Going through the checklist, you notice of which you need continuing education courses. Oh no, there is actually not enough time left to register for a college class or find a convention or seminar in your local area. What are you going to do? What about online? Are there any websites offering engineering courses? Yes, there are. You have found several websites, however will your State Licensure Board accept these courses? as well as what is actually the difference between a Continuing Education Unit (CEU) as well as Professional Development Hour (PDH)?
For the most part engineers are very conservative when the item comes to trying something completely new. Although online engineering courses have been around for more than a decade, many engineers may not think of obtaining their professional development hours through a course on the internet. There are many advantages to This particular form of continuing education.
If you are like me, you have paid many thousands of dollars for continuing education in the past. Conventions as well as seminars can cost $300 to $500 a day for registration, as well as then there is actually the cost of meals, lodging as well as travel expenses. Even if you are lucky as well as the convention is actually in your home town, you still will have lost time at the office. There has to be a better way to obtaining continuing education units.
Of course, you could take a continuing education course at a college or university. These classes are usually designed to appeal to a mass audience as well as are rarely specific enough for engineering. The better technique is actually to take an actually college engineering course, however of which can consume a lot of time.
Since much of engineering can be observed or read, online study courses can have some major advantages over the traditional sources of continuing education.
- Online courses are available on you own schedule
- Self-paced – You can learn as fast or as slow as you want
- Does not require your physical presence at location of the seminar
- You can study wherever you want to – At home, work, inside library
- Courses are available 24/7
- You can read the material online or download them for reading later
- Online courses are student-centered by accommodating your preferences as well as needs
- Choose instructor-led or self-study courses
- Skip over material you already know as well as focus on topics you’d like to learn
- Use the tools best suited to your learning styles
- Courses available in all engineering disciplines, ethics, as well as managerial
- Courses are available for the individual as while as the group
- Some courses are free
- Many courses are available in a wide range of prices
- No travel expenses
- No lodging expenses
- No lost work hours
- Engineering continuing education courses credit the engineer with Professional Development Hours (PDH) or Continuing Education Units (CEU)
- Many courses are accredited, however in most states This particular is actually not a requirement
- the item is actually the responsibility of the engineer to ensure the course meets the state requirements
As you can see, online courses have many benefits of which are well suited for the engineer. With online courses the engineer can quickly obtain the number of PDH or CEU required for licensing renewal as well as to gain the necessary knowledge in technical applications.
In This particular article we have discussed why online continuing education courses are a Great benefit for the engineer. Although there are number of some other sources, the benefits of online learning are far more convenient as well as less expensive. Online websites offer many engineering courses; technical, ethical, as well as managerial. For the most part these courses are acceptable to State Licensure Boards for renewing Professional Engineering licenses.