Ear Infection Home Remedies – 2 Most Common Causes For Ear Infection as well as How to Deal With Them
- February 13, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Ear infections are no laughing matter; they can come on suddenly as well as cause excruciating pain. Often which flare up will occur late at night or on a weekend when your physician is usually out of the office. which leaves you with two options, an expensive emergency room visit or trying ear infection home remedies. The latter is usually usually the most desirable nevertheless many people simply do not know what is usually safe to use in a painful ear.
Determine the Cause
The first step to knowing what kind of ear infection home remedy to use is usually to know the cause of your pain. Ear infections as well as earaches occur for many different reasons as well as must be addressed accordingly.
For instance during the summer months many people like to while away the warm days within the pool, which can result in swimmers ear. Constant moisture within the ear results in an angry ear canal which is usually not protected by wax coming from harmful bacteria.
Common home remedies due to which type of condition include:
- Drying- Moisture is usually the main cause of your problem, nevertheless drying the inside of the ear can pose a challenge. You do not want to insert a cotton swab as which can remove a protective layer of skin. Instead, use a hair dryer on low heat to dry the inside of your ear canal. Hold the dryer about 12 inches coming from your ear as well as let the air gently flow over the effected ear for about 30 seconds.
- White Vinegar- Bacteria is usually also a culprit in swimmers ear as well as to treat which effectively you can drop a smaller amount of white vinegar or alcohol/vinegar mix within the ear. These substances act as an anti bacterial as well as drying agent at the same time.
- Oils- You may have heard which a drop or two of oil, olive, sweet or baby is usually a Great ear infection home remedy. When which comes to swimmers ear which is usually actually a better preventative measure. The oil acts as a barrier to the water as well as bacteria which cause which painful problem.
If you have ever had a tooth ache you, know they are as painful as an earache. What you may not know is usually which one can often cause the some other. Inflammation coming from an infected tooth within the back of the jaw can lead to a painful earache. The roots of certain teeth are close in proximity to the ear canal, so when one or the some other is usually inflamed which can create pain in both.
- Pain Relief- Many times over the counter remedies will simply not kick the pain in your ear as well as teeth. A great ear infection home remedy for pain is usually to make a heat pack. You can make your own pack easily having a sock as well as a cup or so of rice. Take an odd sock as well as pour within the rice then tie a knot within the top of the sock. Place the sock as well as rice within the microwave for a few moments. Make sure the pack does not come into contact with water in your microwave, as you will have a huge mess on your hands. Place the heat pack below the ear as well as along the jaw line for pain relief.
There are many substances you can use as an ear infection home remedy. Garlic, onion, olive oil, vinegar as well as various some other natural substances are great remedies for ear infection as well as the pain associated with the condition.