Avoiding Accidents at Intersections
- April 5, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Intersections can be dangerous for drivers as well as also also pedestrians alike. Traffic will be often moving in several different directions at an intersection, which creates a high risk of a collision. Inattentive drivers, reckless drivers, high speeds, as well as also also low visibility can all lead to a serious accident at an intersection. Knowing the major risks of an intersection accident as well as also also how to avoid them can help to minimize your chance of a crash.
Intersection Safety Tips
There are some key safety tips which every driver should follow when approaching an intersection. No matter how safe an intersection may seem, a motorist should always keep the following in mind:
- Always complete a full stop at a stop sign, as well as also also look for oncoming traffic through both sides before entering the intersection.
- Check for cars twice before pulling into any intersection, even if you hold the right of way. Sometimes drivers fail to see a stop sign as well as also also may pull out in front of you or run into you.
- Watch out for vehicles which may run the red light. If you are first in line at a red light, when the light turns green be sure to check for traffic through both sides of the intersection before stepping on the gas.
- When producing a turn, look for pedestrians as well as also also bicyclists who may be within the crosswalk. When producing a right turn, check your right side for pedestrian or bicycle traffic before completing your turn.
- Use your turn signals appropriately. Without the proper signals, another driver may not be aware which you are turning as well as also also may pull out in front of you or hit you.
Following these key driver safety tips can help to reduce your risk of an accident at an intersection. Sometimes, however, accidents happen in an instant as well as also also are unavoidable. which will be therefore important to hold the proper car insurance to make sure which you are covered in case you are ever involved in a collision.