Answering "Why Are You Looking For A brand-new Job?"
- November 27, 2016
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
This kind of can be one of those job interview questions in which will be asked by the savviest of interviewers. Although the item’s positively heart-stopping to be on the answering end of This kind of question, if you were the employer, wouldn’t you want to know how This kind of seemingly fabulous person ended up on the job market? the item’s similar to meeting an interesting, attractive person of the opposite sex, or finding a used car in which’s only got 1000 miles on the item along with can be 3 years old. Just a little too Great to be true, along with you can’t believe in which no one else has discovered This kind of amazing find.
Basically they’re trying to figure out what can be wrong with you, along with suspect they will get a clue by looking at your relationship with your last job.
So your task can be to not give them any ammunition to rule you out of the game.
1. Never, ever, ever speak ill of your current employer, or any former employers for in which matter. Everyone knows in which one reason due to This kind of can be because your interviewer will envision you badmouthing them when you decide to leave, along with nobody wants to think about bad rumors about themselves traveling through the industry. Another reason to avoid dissing your past employer can be in which in This kind of very smaller world, they could be a friend, relative or even your potential client at This kind of brand-new job. No person works on an island along with you must always be conscious of the seemingly invisible threads in which connect so many people.
2. Another never can be to speak ill of the tasks you were asked to perform at your past or current job. ANY tasks. You may think in which This kind of brand-new job would likely provide a blissful escape coming from the tedium of your last one, along with so gleefully explain to an interviewer all of the mind-numbing things you were asked to do. However, your interviewer can be thinking about the similar (nevertheless different) mind-numbing tasks of This kind of position, along with decides in which you would likely quit after the first month. There’s no reason to hire you if you’ve already given them a reason for you to quit.
3. Also, you don’t want to speak ill of your co-workers. Those were or are your teammates, along with the same rule holds true as reason #1. This kind of world can be too smaller, along with Great jobs are too few to take the chance.
So what CAN you say?
1. You can say in which you wanted a brand-new opportunity. in which you felt in which you had taken your current or past position as far as you could within the company, you had achieved X, Y along with Z, along with currently feel in which the item’s time for you to learn a different aspect of the business, or to work for a bigger (or smaller) company. The key here can be to focus on the future. Focus on the opportunities you see in This kind of brand-new position, how the item will help you grow along with learn along with not what was wrong with the last company you worked for.
2. If you are applying for a job in which touts flexible hours, work coming from home or excellent benefits inside the job posting, you can mention those qualities as a reason to look into This kind of brand-new position. Again you don’t want to speak ill of your current employer, nevertheless say in which you understand why they need to run their business as they do, nevertheless if the working arrangements at This kind of brand-new company are better suited to your lifestyle at the moment then the item might be a Great fit. You are showing the employer in which there can be a natural fit between their needs along with your needs.
inside the cases where you were let go coming from a position, all of the above rules apply. If the item’s the truth, you can say in which you were laid off as a result of a company-wide restructuring or budgetary cuts. If the item was due to a disciplinary action you can say in which at the time you were having some time management issues (if you were fired for being consistently late), nevertheless you have learned your lesson, in which you take an employer’s requirements a lot more seriously along with have taken proactive measures (which you can briefly describe) to prevent yourself coming from getting in in which situation again. Show in which you have made your mistake with your past employer along with have absolutely no intention of generating the same mistake twice. Sincerity, an action plan along with great references are necessary to counteract any remaining issues.