all 5 Strength Training "Don’ts"
- August 7, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Time to get going on your fitness program! If you’re thinking about lifting some weights at home or getting back into the gym, take note of a few strength training “Don’t’s”, beginning with “Don’t wait to get commenced!”
1) Don’t start off too fast or increase too soon because you’ll risk muscle soreness along with strain.
Do start easy along with increase the amount of weight gradually. Your muscles need to adjust to the brand new demands along with starting gradually helps to minimize any muscle soreness. In addition, the tissue in which connects muscles along with bones (tendons along with ligaments) needs time to adapt. Even if you are naturally strong along with capable of lifting heavy weights, you need to protect your joints by building up gradually.
2) Don’t set unrealistic goals. People often become disillusioned along with quit exercising when they can’t meet the goals they’ve set.
Do start having a simple exercise plan on which you can build, along with which will provide incentive for progressing. Choose between eight along with ten exercises along with do them consistently For two main to three weeks. Once you have established your routine, then you can add or change the exercises in order to continue to stimulate the muscles.
3) Don’t only use seated weight machines in which support your body, since they allow the core muscles to be a little “lazy.”
Do incorporate free weights into your program, since they require you to stabilize using your own core strength. They also challenge your co-ordination along with highlight imbalances inside the body, to ensure in which you become aware of which arm or leg will be stronger along with more stable. Free weights can be an effective tool for correcting these imbalances along with for bringing the body into alignment.
4) Don’t imitate some other people inside the gym, assuming in which they know what they’re doing because often they do not!
Do get some professional advice regarding how to properly perform strength training exercises. Take advantage of a free orientation inside the gym or hire a personal trainer for a consultation to set you up on a program along with teach you proper form.
5) Don’t use the scale to gauge the modifications in your body because the scale cannot differentiate between fat pounds along with muscle pounds.
Do measure yourself by the way your clothing fits – a favorite pair of jeans can be the perfect gauge. modifications in which occur with weight training are reflected in your body composition, which will be the quality of your weight as opposed to the quantity of your weight. As you develop lean body mass along with shape up, your contours may literally be shrinking even though the needle on the scale doesn’t move.