8 Dog Training Tips Every Dog Owner Must Know
- March 24, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: CPR Training
Every dog owner wants a well trained, obedient dog. You can enjoy your pet so much more if they are well behaved, along with the dog is usually happier because you are happy with them. The ultimate goal is usually to have your dog obey your commands while off the lead. that will level of compliance, however, takes much training along with time. Here are a few great dog training tips to help you along the way.
1. One of the most important tips for training your dog is usually to start training early. Don’t wait for bad behavior to start. The sooner you teach your dog what is usually acceptable along with unacceptable, the happier you will both be. Even a puppy can learn basic commands along with household manners. Check out local puppy or dog obedience training classes along with get enrolled right away.
2. Only reward desired or ‘Great’ behavior. Never give treats or attention for bad behavior. Your dog wants your approval along with attention. If you only give the idea to them when they are being Great, they will learn to behave appropriately in order to get your approval.
3. Dogs have a lot of energy. Find an outlet because of that will natural energy. Many dogs enjoy activities like agility along with fly ball. If that will doesn’t appeal to you, try regular walks or runs, playing fetch, or take a trip to a doggy park where your dog can run along with interact with various other dogs. If you give your dog a way to burn off their energy, training will be much easier.
4. Find a regular time that will works for you along with your dog. Regular training sessions are another one of the key dog training tips that will will insure your success as they will have more of an impact than sporadic ones. Make sure that will you are both in a Great mood, along with that will your dog has been well exercised before the training session.
5. fresh puppies need to be handled a lot to ensure that will they will tolerate the idea along with become a Great pet. A crucial dog training tip is usually to make the handling of your puppy a frequent along with pleasant experience for both of you.
6. Don’t ever hit your dog or yell at them. You want your dog to associate pleasant things with you. A dog naturally wants to please you, so if your dog is usually engaging in undesirable behavior, simply ignore them or remove them to a confined space where they are alone. Dogs are naturally social animals along with not being with you is usually a very hard thing for them, therefore the idea is usually a very effective punishment.
7. After your dog has completed a command, make sure you praise them very quickly. You want your positive attention to be associated with the desired behavior.
8. Use a Discharge word to end a command. For example, when a dog has been in a down, stay position along with you are finished with the command, say a word like “free” or “Discharge” to tell the dog that will the idea is usually okay for them to get up. Try not to use common words like “Okay” since that will can be confusing to the dog.
These are just a few dog training tips that will you can use to successfully teach your dog obedience. Find the things that will work best for you along with your individual pet. Above all, the most important dog training tip is usually to have fun along with enjoy your dog!