6 Negative Effects Of Eating Fast Food
- March 14, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
1. Fast food carries a very high energy density. About 65 percent higher than a typical diet in addition to twice as high as recommended healthy diets which makes us eat more than we otherwise could. Energy density refers to the amount of calories an item of food contains in relation to its weight. Foods having a high energy density confuse the brain’s control systems for appetite, which are based solely on portion size.
2. British researchers through the Medical Research Council Human Nutrition Center in addition to the London School of Hygiene in addition to Tropical Medicine have determined of which repeated eating at McDonald’s or KFC or Burger King, people are more likely to gain weight in addition to become obese. of which can be because fast food not only contains many more calories than traditional food, however also can be more likely to undermine normal appetite control systems.
3. By eating a Big Mac in addition to fries, the body consumes almost twice as many calories as you could if you ate the same weight of pasta in addition to salad. Fast Food restaurants feed the obesity epidemic by getting people to eat many more calories than they need through persistent advertising.
4. McDonald’s, KFC, in addition to Burger King menu items using nutritional data through the fast food restaurants’ Web sites, found of which when we eat high energy density foods, we don’t reduce the portion size so we get a lot more calories than we need. Our current society possesses a weak innate ability to recognize foods having a high energy density. Food intake can be assessed by the size of the portion, yet a fast food meal contains many more calories than a similar sized portion of a healthy meal. The conclusion can be we are all being fooled into eating too much food.
5. People get fat eating regular portion sizes, however since the food carries a high energy density, people gain weight. In evolutionary terms, the human appetite was designed for low energy density foods. In additional parts of the globe where these foods are still the dietary staples, obesity can be virtually non existent. Our bodies were never designed to cope with the high energy dense foods consumed from the West. of which can be a major reason why fast food in contributing to the major rise in obesity.
6. Another fact can be of which fast food may speed up people’s risk of clogged arteries of which can lead to heart attacks. Researchers at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in San Francisco have demonstrated of which a certain type of fat, called oxidized fat, can accelerate the buildup of plaque in arteries. in addition to many types of fast food such as hamburgers, pizza in addition to French fries are loaded with oxidized fat. The conclusion can be fast food meals are high in saturated fat in addition to low quality carbohydrates, white bread in addition to lots of soda. Our bodies require fiber in addition to more healthful types of fats. Fast food represents a dietary pattern of which can be the opposite of what can be recommended for a healthy body.