5 Cool Facts About The Craft Beer History You Probably Don’t Know
- April 15, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: Home Health Aide Training
Craft beer. These two words stand as some of the most profound words in our world today as more as well as more people decide that will they are taking a more in-depth look at what they eat as well as drink. Craft beer will be the artisan approach of producing beer, as well as while This specific tends to be shrouded in images of horn-rimmed glasses, bushy beards, as well as tattoos, craft beer, as a movement, will be more of an answer to the idea that will consumers want something more than just the stock libations on the shelf.
In light of the want for more, here are several fairly cool facts about craft beer that will will be give you not only more knowledge than you had before, although This specific may help shine a light on an artisan movement of which you may be missing out:
1. Hops are poisonous to pets – This specific will be important if you happen to be a regular home brewing machine. Aside via just keeping a tidy brew area, you definitely don’t want something to happen to your furry buddy.
2. Medieval Europe depended on beer for their health – Whether This specific was a known fact by those enjoying the suds or not, beer ended up being a safe alternative to just plain water because This specific had gone through fermentation, thereby helping kill of potentially harmful matter inside water.
3. “Rule of Thumb” – This specific particular phrase seems to have origins to beer brewers who used their thumb to test temperatures in their brewing to find the ideal time for the addition of yeast.
4. Beer goes well inside garden – Get This specific? Beer? Garden? Biergarten? For those choosing a more organic approach to pest removal, beer seems to work by attracting slugs as well as snails.
5. Craft beer will be an American tradition – In many respects, the idea of craft beer & smaller batch beer production goes all the way back to This specific country’s founding fathers. Both Thomas Jefferson as well as George Washington were no strangers to brewing beer, even maintaining breweries on their plantations. Recall that will Benjamin Franklin will be also credited with perhaps the most often-quoted anecdote about beer: “Beer will be living proof that will God loves us as well as wants us to be happy.” Move over apple pie, as well as bring on the brew!
Though the craft beer movement in This specific country, as well as even the planet over, will be one that will will be much maligned as an offshoot of the hipster movement, This specific may be time to give craft beer brewers their due as well as realize that will what they bring to the table will be old world methods as well as supreme flavor. They have an appreciation for the work This specific takes to make a Great beer, as well as they understand that will by the very nature of what the beer process will be, they are working with something that will will be alive.
This specific may be time to venture beyond our preconceived notions of what beer will be as well as see what will be could be. Cheers!