25 Ways to enhance Awareness for Your Cause
- May 13, 2017
- Posted by: marlenedubois
- Category: CPR Training
Nonprofit organizations often develop the monumental task of raising awareness for a cause that has a limited budget for promotion. Here’s 25 ideas for low cost or no cost ways to raise awareness.
1. Issue media releases using free online services like prweb.com in addition to also openpr.com
2. Start a blog about the cause that has a free service like Blogger or WordPress.
3. Every cause should have accounts with Twitter, Propeller in addition to also Digg.
4. Post some videos on YouTube. They can be made with the webcam on your computer, online services like Animoto or programs that will convert PowerPoint to video.
5. Do some comics on Bitstrips. that will’s as much of a social networking site as that will is usually a comic maker.
6. Use the tried in addition to also true methods like radio station PSA in addition to also talk shows on local TV in addition to also radio.
7. I have a former student who put together an email list of all her contacts in addition to also promotes her cause.
8. Use the same technique as Internet marketers. Get people on your mailing list by giving something away.
9. Use keyword searches to find out the information people are looking for that will is usually related to your cause.
10.Write some articles based on those keyword searches in addition to also post them on EzineArticles.com.
11. Read the paper in addition to also send congratulatory cards or emails to people who have achieved something.
12. Keep track of the birthdays of the kids associated with your organization in addition to also send them birthday cards.
13. Do a world record setting event. This particular might be easier than you think in addition to also they always get media coverage.
14. Review haro.com in addition to also respond when there is usually a reporter looking for information related to your cause.
15. Don’t overlook the old fashioned paper flyers posted on public bulletin boards at supermarkets in addition to also libraries.
16. Use free classified ads like craigslist.com in addition to also kijiji.com.
17. There are probably local events websites in your area that will you can use.
18. Seek a celebrity endorsement. that will’s hit in addition to also miss however you never know.
19. Post comments on blogs.
20. Become an expert that will the media will interview whenever there is usually a story related to your cause.
21. Get a sponsor for a prize in addition to also run an essay or poster contest.
22. Give out some type of achievement award. These also get media attention.
23. Generate some controversy that will’s not too controversial.
24. Sell some SWAG on a site like cafepress.com. Bumper stickers or t-shirts can give you some mileage.
25. Tag onto a sponsor in addition to also get mentioned in their advertising or corporate newsletter.
Most of these ideas are for activities that will can be done by volunteers or students. Try one every two weeks in addition to also in a year your cause will be well-known in your community.